Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you.” (John 14:18) O God, your Holy Spirit is with us to comfort, to guide, and to strengthen us always. Sometimes on life’s journey, we feel like we are on a pilgrimage alone, forgetting that you have promised to never forsake us or turn your back against us. May we always rely on you.
- “Where sin increased, grace abounded all the more.” (Romans 5:20) Gracious God, out of your kindness you invite us to repent of our sins and be renewed. Today and every day, help us to be transformed by the renewal of our mind, that we may discern what is your will and act on what is good.
- “Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. For he who is least among you is the one who is great.” (Luke 9:48) Help us, O God, so that with humble hearts and sincere lips, we may truly praise you with our worship and in our service. Then others will know that greatness is not derived from status, wealth, or education, but through serving others.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:16) God of wisdom, help us to centre our communities of faith around your Word. Give our leaders discernment on how to shepherd those in sorrow, fear, and confusion, and guide us all into greater awareness of your presence. Give us all the faith to follow your wise leading. Amen.
- “Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.” (Hebrews 13:1) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Let us not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity, but rather lead us to the way of Jesus. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us. Teach us how to reach out to and disciple the young people in the city so they can be supported in their walk with you. Lord, enable us to love. And we thank you because you first loved us.
- Lord we thank you for establishing and sustaining Union Church for 175 years. As we celebrate our 175th anniversary, we pray that it will be a joyful time of coming together in thanksgiving of your faithfulness as well as renewal of our commitment to you as our one and only God. We lift up all preparation to you and ask that you will sanctify every detail. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at