Interested in developing your career in a warm, inviting and God-loving environment? Union Church is currently recruiting for these positions:
Union Church is a friendly, inter-denominational, English speaking, multi-cultural church, established in Hong Kong in 1844. Our church is located in a dynamic international city with many opportunities at our door-step. Our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”. We are living in exciting times and we believe that investing in youth and giving them a firm foundation is critical.
We are seeking a capable passionate servant-hearted Youth Director to lead our vibrant and dynamic youth -both junior and senior high and to become part of the Union Church staff team.
Description and Responsibilities
- Engage, disciple and build relationships with youth both in the congregation and in our city
- Work with volunteer youth leaders at Union and connect with other youth leaders in the city
- A missional heart and calling for youth and ministry
- Facilitate youth missions’ trips both local and oversees
- Vibrant mature Christian Faith
- Relational with a pastor’s heart
- Theologically trained -Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Calling to youth ministry
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Some experience preferred
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate which includes medical insurance and relocation where needed.
If you wish to apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to
Director of Filipino Fellowship
Union Church Hong Kong is an international, inter-denominational church in Wan Chai, Hong Kong with a diverse, welcoming and Christ-centred congregation. We are currently recruiting a Director of Filipino Fellowship to lead our vibrant Filipino fellowship.
The main function of this role is to provide pastoral care in all its forms to our Filipino Fellowship. The fellowship is a well-established ministry serving 70 – 90 worshippers every week. An existing group of lay leaders is equipped to lead in prayer and Bible study.
The role of the Director of Filipino Fellowship involves, but is not limited to:
- Preaching every Sunday
- Providing spiritual guidance
- Organising faith events, retreats, seminars, activities etc
- Equipping leaders and the congregation spiritually
- Accompanying members to the Department of Immigration and to court appearances as required
- Teaching Bible study leaders and guiding the selection of studies
- Caring for the sick
- Running a drop-in shelter
The Drop-In Shelter for Overseas Filipino Workers cares for people who need food and shelter.
Union Church is seeking the right candidate with a heart for serving, compassion and empathy. Our Director of Filipino Fellowship will be seminary-trained, equipped to train and lead others, keen to evangelise, and a servant leader.
The successful candidate will also be asked to help in other Union Church ministries, as required.
If you wish to apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to
Children's Ministry Assistant
Union Church is a friendly, English speaking, inter-denominational church, established in Hong Kong since 1844 and our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”. We are currently looking to hire a full time Children’s Ministry Assistant, who will be assisting our Children’s Ministry Director.
The Assistant will work closely with the Children’s Ministry Director in implementing the vision of Children’s Ministry to “Raise Children for God’s Kingdom”. He or she will assist the Director in implementing the smooth running of Kingdom Kids program every Sunday and Children’s Ministry events throughout the year.
- Assist in planning and execution of Sunday School & Creche program.
- Assist in Sunday School lessons and materials preparation.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of Children’s Ministry events throughout the year i.e. Hallelujah Party, Book Fairs, Christmas Musical Rehearsals, Dress Rehearsal and Final Performance, Sunday School Teacher’s Training, Christmas outreach program, Sunday School Christmas Party, Christmas Eve & Day Family services, Community Services, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day events, Graduation Day, End of the Year Party, Sunday School Teacher’s Appreciation, Vacation Bible Study, etc.
- Assist with the administration aspects of Children’s Ministry, i.e, Sunday School Attendance, Registration Forms database, Events database, Events Promotion catalogues/flyers, etc.
- Assist with design work, stage props, events decorations, setting up and cleaning up related to Children’s Ministry and other church events as required.
- Assist in procuring materials and supplies.
- Required to be at church every Sunday and to lead Kids Worship and teach Sunday School classes if needed (training will be provided).
- Required to work within the time frame set and more if needed.
- May be required to work on Saturdays and public holidays.
Tuesday - Friday 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM, Sunday 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Servant’s heart for the ministry with a teachable and open attitude.
- Highly motivated and action orientated; a strong work ethic; a get-it-done kind of person.
- Organised and hard working.
- Demonstrate an ability to relate well and work efficiently with fellow staff members and all volunteers.
- Must be able to fulfill all the responsibilities of the job.
- High School Leavers, Diploma & Degree Holders.
- Min 1 year working with children
- Familiar with Mac applications and Photoshop or InDesign programs (an advantage).
How to Apply :
Please send your resume and cover letter to using Children’s Ministry Assistant as the subject.
- Committed to Christ
- Need to demonstrate effective time and resource management to meet the planned needs of children and families and any anticipated demands that might be reasonably foreseen.
- Need to be attentive to the planned timetable whilst retaining the flexibility to be accessible and available to parents and staff. The Crèche Coordinator will need to make judgements about the delegation of tasks and responsibilities of the volunteers.
- The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the Crèche Coordinator may be required to undertake any other duties which may be required from time to time. Any such duties should not, however, substantially change the general character of the post.
- A Permanent Residence in Hong Kong or holder of HK Permanent Identity card and/or eligible to work as specified under HK Labour law. We will not be able to apply for working visa for this particular position.
▪ Oversee the safety and smooth running of the Crèche Centre every Sunday at the appointed time and more if needed.
▪ Develop the ethos of “For Under Threes” and to create a welcoming, caring, loving and family friendly environment.
▪ Responsible at all times the high standards of care and education of children between 0 to three years in accordance with Children’s Ministry guidelines.
▪ Ensure effective communication between the Crèche Center and the Children Ministry’s staff.
▪ Responsible and accountable for all finances directly relating to the Crèche Center provision.
▪ Responsible for the enrollment in line with the enrollment/registration policy of the Children’s Ministry.
▪ Keep a register and up to date records of all children using the Crèche Center provision and to give regular feedback to Children’s Ministry Director on the progress of the children attending the Crèche Center.
▪ Responsible for organizing, monitoring and encouraging volunteers involved in the Crèche Center.
▪ Build a good relationship with parents of children attending the Crèche Center.
▪ Make recommendations and proposals in terms of equipment and resources required for the Crèche Center to the Children Ministry’s Director.
▪ Ensure that the Crèche Center is safe, clean, tidy, well organized and welcoming for families and staff.
Official Working Hours
- Every Sunday from 8.30 AM to 12.30 PM, except in the month of July from 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM
- Maybe require to work on other days, i.e.: Church retreat, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, and other special occasion organized by the church.
Further enquiries and letters of application, including a full curriculum vitae should be addressed to David Ashton-Howorth quoting “Union Church – Creche Coordinator”.
By post to: Union Church, 18F Dah Sing Financial Centre, 248 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai
By email with attachments to David at
All personal data received will be treated with strict confidence and will be used solely for recruitment purposes.