Interested in developing your career in a warm, inviting and God-loving environment? Union Church is currently recruiting for these positions:
Director of Worship
Union Church is a friendly, inter-denominational, English speaking, multi-cultural church, founded in Scottish Presbyterian roots, in Hong Kong in 1844. Our church is located in a dynamic international city with many opportunities at our doorstep. Our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”. We are unique in that we offer both traditional and contemporary worship services. You can find out more at https://www.unionchurchhk.org/. You may also view our normal Sunday worship services online.
The ideal candidate will have a personal call to worship ministry, a strong Biblical foundation and have experience in leading worship, both traditional and contemporary. They will be a people-person, culturally sensitive, and comfortable working with a diverse group of people. They should be a collaborative team-player and be comfortable with online streaming. Strong administrative skills and the ability to play an instrument is important, as is, a broad knowledge of hymns and contemporary worship music.
The worship leader will work closely with our Senior Pastor in crafting worship services. He/she will lead our congregation to see and savour the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit. Fostering dynamic congregational worship, we are seeking an individual who is called and gifted by God in the following areas:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and leading Sunday’s worship services – reflective of the seasons of the church calendar year, coordinating liturgy, readings and sermon themes.
- Modeling and leading heartfelt worship – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to God.
- Recruiting, equipping, organising, building up and training the church choir, musicians and worship leaders within the church to serve the congregation as a worship ministry team.
- Leading rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (a) preparation for Sunday services and (b) cultivation of a Christ-centered community.
- Building on our traditions, creating and designing different expressions of worship for both traditional and contemporary worship services.
- Serving as a member of the worship ministry team at Union Church.
- Working alongside the AV/Production team, and the strong volunteer base of worship leaders, instrumentalists, pianists, choir director and youth band leader.
- Cultivating a worship community of singers and instrumentalists and pastorally care for the team.
- Coordinating live streaming church services and digital recording.
- Assisting, participating and collaborating with special productions and events including music selection and other creative elements, construction and implementation.
- College or university degree in music, church music or related field of study, or comparable work experience,
- Sound theological training,
- Proven experience building and leading church choirs and worship teams,
- Proficiency with ProPresenter,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- Servant-Leader, and
- Passionate about worship
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate which includes medical insurance and relocation where needed. Please apply, with a covering letter and your CV, to with “Director of Worship” as the subject.
Union Church is a friendly, inter-denominational, English speaking, multi-cultural church, established in Hong Kong in 1844. Our church is located in a dynamic international city with many opportunities at our doorstep. Our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”. We are living in exciting times and we believe that investing in youth and giving them a firm foundation is critical.
We are seeking a capable, passionate, servant-hearted Youth Director to lead our vibrant and dynamic youth - both junior high and senior high and to become part of the Union Church staff team.
Description and Responsibilities
- Engage, disciple and build relationships with youth both in the congregation and in our city
- Work with volunteer youth leaders at Union and connect with other youth leaders in the city
- A missional heart and calling for youth and ministry
- Facilitate youth mission trips both local and oversees
- Vibrant mature Christian faith
- Relational with a pastor’s heart
- Theologically trained - Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Calling to youth ministry
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Some experience preferred
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate which includes medical insurance and relocation where needed.
If you wish to apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to