Interested in developing your career in a warm, inviting and God-loving environment? Hong Kong and Union Church Hong Kong are in an exciting season. We are currently recruiting for these positions:
Church Organist (Part-time)
Union Church is a friendly, English-speaking and interdenominational church in Hong Kong with a vision to build a home in Christ to seek, love and serve God and our neighbors. We look back and embrace our calling as a missional church 175+ years ago, while reaching out today to a city in need of hope through faith in Jesus. Hong Kong and Union Church are in an exciting season.
We are moving into larger, new premises on Kennedy Road in Hong Kong on 17 September 2023. Possibilities abound - new ministries, expanding services to Hong Kong and the world, opportunities for all to pursue God-inspired passions for His Kingdom. Union Church uniquely offers both traditional worship and contemporary worship services. Our new organ is being delivered now!
We are seeking an experienced church organist to join our music ministry team on a part-time basis. This is a new paid staff position that will build on the music ministry for the Traditional worship service on Sundays at 9:45am.
The successful candidate will step into a vibrant community of 25 volunteer choristers and musicians, with the opportunity to further develop their talent. The new church building features a beautiful, light-filled 475-person Sanctuary and an intimate chapel for 100 as well as a larger Fellowship Hall, providing a variety of venues for worship services and musical performances. The Union Church Choir is very active during Easter and Christmas, with a variety of additional services added to our programmes.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an organist for the choir rehearsal and Traditional worship service (including a prelude and postlude) with working hours from 8:15-11am every Sunday and 6:45-8:15pm on Wednesdays for rehearsals
- Provide organ music for special performances, services and events such as Christmas Cantata, Easter Concert, Weddings, Funerals, and etc
- Knowledge to operate a Rodgers Classical organ model Imagine 351MV
- Working alongside the Director of Choir and Assistant Worship Director
- Vibrant mature Christian faith and passionate about Christian worship
- Bachelor/ Master’s degree in Sacred Music/ Organ Performance, or a piano major with the organ training background
- Ideally experience working as an organist at a Christian church, International church, and/or churches abroad
- Familiar with traditional hymn tunes with excellent sight-reading skills
- Working alongside the AV/Production team
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply, with a covering letter and your CV, to with “Organist” as the subject.
Children's Ministry Assistant (Full-time)
Union Church Hong Kong is a friendly, English-speaking and interdenominational church in Hong Kong with a vision to build a home in Christ to seek, love and serve God and our neighbours. We look back and embrace our calling as a missional church 175+ years ago, while reaching out today to a city in need of hope through faith in Jesus. Hong Kong and Union Church are in an exciting season. We are preparing to move into larger, new premises on Kennedy Road on Hong Kong Island later in 2023. Possibilities abound - new ministries, expanding services to Hong Kong and the world, opportunities for all to pursue God-inspired passions for His Kingdom.
We are currently looking to hire a full time Children's Ministry Assistant. The successful candidate will assist our Children's Ministry Director, a caring, passionate and well-organised Children's Ministry leader who excels in mentoring. Union Church's Children's Ministry - Kingdom Kids - is vibrant and lively. This is a great role for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of young children through creativity and shining the light of Jesus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning and execution of Sunday School & Creche programme.
- Assist in the planning, preparing and executing Children’s Ministry events throughout the year i.e. Hallelujah Party, Christmas Musical, Community Services, Vacation Bible School, etc.
- Teach as needed.
- Administrative assistance - Sunday School attendance, database administration for registration and events, events promotion catalogues/flyers, etc.
- Assist with design work, stage prop, event decorations.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Servant’s heart, teachable, organised
- High school leavers, Diploma and Degree holders
- Minimum 1 year working with children
- Familiar with Mac applications and Photoshop and InDesign (an advantage)
Tuesdays - Fridays 9am - 6pm, Sundays 8:30am - 4:30pm.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with a covering letter and your CV to with "Children's Ministry Assistant" as the subject header.
Our Core Values
At Union Church, our Core Values guide the way our team works together, what matters to us, and how we interact with our congregation and people beyond the church. In all that we do, we work to uphold these values.
We believe the triune God is our living compass as we navigate life.
We are hospitable. We aim to create a safe and welcoming space as Jesus did.
We are a nurturing community that builds bridges within and beyond the church, connecting cultures, generations and traditions.
We live the mission and ministry of Christ, bringing His message of grace, hope and love to a world in need.
Growing in Unity
United in Christ, we respect and celebrate our international, interdenominational, multicultural family.