Interested in developing your career in a warm, inviting and God-loving environment? Union Church is currently recruiting for these positions:
Director of Creativity and Women's Ministry
JOB DESCRIPTION: Director of Creativity & Women’s Ministries
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
HOURS/WEEK: 30 hours
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This role is designed to bring creative arts into Union Church, awakening the creative spirit within our congregation with the intention of knowing Christ more fully. In addition, to be responsible to lead, develop and execute connecting opportunities for spiritual formation for women.
- Lead and nurture the ongoing women’s ministry which aims to connect women with one another and encourage their spiritual growth in Christ i.e., Ladies Dinners and Retreats
- Lead, recruit new members, pray for, and support women
- Provide opportunities for spiritual formation for women i.e., Ladies Retreat
- Lead/teach a Women’s Bible Study - For example: Spiritual Gifts (could be something for men also)
- Create opportunities to explore faith using a variety of artistic mediums, to see God through a creative lens
- Create regular contemplative worship opportunities - For example: Selah Services
- Create opportunities for the church to gather for an all-church family retreat
- Organise creative events – For example: Christmas and Easter
- Support Union Church ministries, especially Youth and Young Adults with creative events
- University degree, Master’s level an advantage
- Facility with a variety of IT, Google/Microsoft suite and on-line resources
- Excellent English-language communication skills: verbal and written
- Creative, Self –starter
- Able to work independently, collaboratively and on a project basis
- Great team player, with 7+ years of experience within creative teams, 2+ years in a leadership role within preferable.
- Servant Leader
Director of Operations
Union Church is a friendly, inter-denominational, English speaking, multi-cultural church, established in Hong Kong in 1844. Our church is located in a dynamic international city with many opportunities at our door-step. Our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”.
We are currently rebuilding our Church on Kennedy Road, Mid- Levels. We anticipate returning there in the first quarter of 2023. Our ministries include Sunday and mid-week services, children’s ministry, youth and young adult groups, small groups, Filipino ministry, adult education, and local and foreign missions. We currently employ over 20 staff as well having many outstanding volunteers. More information is available at www.unionchurchhk.org.
This role will supervise and carry out all church operations work, primarily, administration, accounting human resources and janitorial services. Reporting to the Senior Pastor, this role will use best practices to evaluate, plan, and manage operations that support the church ministry teams. The right candidate will be able to lead their own teams and influence and advise the Senior Pastor and board members on operational matters. This person will need to be able to think strategically about operations, but also roll up their sleeves and personally execute many of the functions under their management.
This person and their teams are responsible for carrying out all operations including:
Return to 22A Kennedy Road
- Plan and organise the logistics for returning to 22A
- Recruit new team members
- Liaise with the Building Union For the Future (BUFF) team during construction and outfitting of the new church
- Ensure the proper running of all church services in support of ministry staff
- Oversee and maintain competitive suppliers
- Oversee all property maintenance
- Maintain church calendar of events
- Logistics of church events such as holiday programs, weddings, memorials, speaker events, and meetings
- Oversee/maintain records of church members and oversee membership programs
- Support the work of church boards, committees, ministries, and small groups
- Review and carry out the policies of the Employee Handbook
- Administer performance management process
- Staffing and recruitment including job descriptions, search, hiring, contracting, internal mobility, and departures
- Manage staff benefits including leave and negotiating with insurance companies
- Onboard new hires and maintaining employee database
- Support training and development for staff
Finance and Accounting
- Maintain church financial records and oversee all payments through the church
- Support ministry staff and committees in creating and reviewing budgets
- Ensure easy donation and stewardship processes including online donation
- Administration of church budget including utilities, salaries, benefits, legal fees, and others
Communication and IT
- Maintain and upgrade church channels including website, app, and social media
- Publish annual report, and other print materials
- Manage IT policies and practices
- Manage all regular church communication including bulletins, newsletter, and bulk email
- Oversee teams working on AV, IT, and media
- Roster janitor and administrative coverage for all events and meetings
To apply please email with your CV and a covering letter
Director of Worship
Union Church is a friendly, inter-denominational, English speaking, multi-cultural church, founded in Scottish Presbyterian roots, in Hong Kong in 1844. Our church is located in a dynamic international city with many opportunities at our doorstep. Our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”. We are unique in that we offer both traditional and contemporary worship services. You can find out more at https://www.unionchurchhk.org/. You may also view our normal Sunday worship services online.
The ideal candidate will have a personal call to worship ministry, a strong Biblical foundation and have experience in leading worship, both traditional and contemporary. They will be a people-person, culturally sensitive, and comfortable working with a diverse group of people. They should be a collaborative team-player and be comfortable with online streaming. Strong administrative skills and the ability to play an instrument is important, as is, a broad knowledge of hymns and contemporary worship music.
The worship leader will work closely with our Senior Pastor in crafting worship services. He/she will lead our congregation to see and savour the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit. Fostering dynamic congregational worship, we are seeking an individual who is called and gifted by God in the following areas:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and leading Sunday’s worship services – reflective of the seasons of the church calendar year, coordinating liturgy, readings and sermon themes.
- Modeling and leading heartfelt worship – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to God.
- Recruiting, equipping, organising, building up and training the church choir, musicians and worship leaders within the church to serve the congregation as a worship ministry team.
- Leading rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (a) preparation for Sunday services and (b) cultivation of a Christ-centered community.
- Building on our traditions, creating and designing different expressions of worship for both traditional and contemporary worship services.
- Serving as a member of the worship ministry team at Union Church.
- Working alongside the AV/Production team, and the strong volunteer base of worship leaders, instrumentalists, pianists, choir director and youth band leader.
- Cultivating a worship community of singers and instrumentalists and pastorally care for the team.
- Coordinating live streaming church services and digital recording.
- Assisting, participating and collaborating with special productions and events including music selection and other creative elements, construction and implementation.
- College or university degree in music, church music or related field of study, or comparable work experience,
- Sound theological training,
- Proven experience building and leading church choirs and worship teams,
- Proficiency with ProPresenter,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- Servant-Leader, and
- Passionate about worship
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate which includes medical insurance and relocation where needed. Please apply, with a covering letter and your CV, to with “Director of Worship” as the subject.
Union Church is a friendly, inter-denominational, English speaking, multi-cultural church, established in Hong Kong in 1844. Our church is located in a dynamic international city with many opportunities at our doorstep. Our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”. We are living in exciting times and we believe that investing in youth and giving them a firm foundation is critical.
We are seeking a capable, passionate, servant-hearted Youth Director to lead our vibrant and dynamic youth - both junior high and senior high and to become part of the Union Church staff team.
Description and Responsibilities
- Engage, disciple and build relationships with youth both in the congregation and in our city
- Work with volunteer youth leaders at Union and connect with other youth leaders in the city
- A missional heart and calling for youth and ministry
- Facilitate youth mission trips both local and oversees
- Vibrant mature Christian faith
- Relational with a pastor’s heart
- Theologically trained - Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Calling to youth ministry
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Some experience preferred
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate which includes medical insurance and relocation where needed.
If you wish to apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to