We are a community that worships God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. We may express our worship in different ways but we are united in desiring to worship God in spirit and in truth. Our heart’s desire is for God’s presence to be honoured in our midst.
Union Church was established as a mission church. We therefore take seriously Jesus’ commission to “make disciples of all nations”. As a church we equip and encourage our members so that together we can transform the market place, the families and the communities that we work and serve in: in Hong Kong, in Asia and ultimately to the ends of the earth.
As members of Union Church, we seek to love one another as Christ has loved us – sacrificially, persistently, wholeheartedly. We want the people of Hong Kong to know that we are Christ’s disciples by our love for each other.
According to the Bible, the following are affirmations we at Union Church hold:
Declaration of Faith
We affirm our belief in the one-eternal God, Creator and Lord of the world, Father, Son and Holy Ghost, who governs all things according to the purpose of his will.
● We believe, that God made the first man, Adam, upright in his own image, and after his own likeness, and that Adam being seduced by Satan, fell from his holy estate, and became subject to death, and all the curse of sin.
● We believe, that God, not willing that men should perish, made promise to our first parents of a Deliverer.
● We believe, that the Son of God - the second person in the Trinity - the Word who from eternity was with God, and was God - died upon the Cross, as a propitiatory sacrifice, whereby was declared the righteousness of God, for the remission of sins, so that he might be just, and the justifier of him who believeth in Jesus.
● We believe, that while God has provided an everlasting righteousness, which is freely offered unto all men, yet that all men would reject, if God did not send forth the Holy Spirit, to convince the world of sin.
● We believe, also, that by the operation of the same Divine Spirit, the work of grace is carried on in the soul of the believer, so that his salvation from the beginning to the end is entirely from God.
● We believe, that Christ having risen from the dead, ascended to heaven, and is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high. But he will so come in like manner, as he went into heaven.
● We believe, that there will be a general resurrection and judgment, the consequences of which will be that the wicked shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into life eternal.
The Authority and Power of the Bible
We receive the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament in their entirety as indeed the divine authoritative Word of God. These Scriptures we receive as the only infallible rule both of faith and practice. We believe the living and true God, is revealed in the Scriptures, all one only God, in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. We also affirm the power of God's word to accomplish his purpose of salvation. The message of the Bible is addressed to all men and women. For God's revelation in Christ and in Scripture is unchangeable. Through it the Holy Spirit still speaks today.