Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “Rejoice, you sad-hearted, who sit in the deepest gloom, who mourn your joys departed and tremble at your doom. Despair not; He is near you, there, standing at the door, who best can help and cheer you and bids you weep no more.” Lord, thank you for being our comfort.
- “He shall stand and feed his flock in the strength of the Lord.” (Micah 5:4) Holy God, you open your hand and fill the hungry with good things. You sustain us daily. Let us never turn from you; let us seek you until the end of days. Amen.
- Heavenly Father, we pray for all who govern and hold authority in the nations of the world, that there may be peace and justice on the earth. We also ask that you make us into a channel of your peace. Lord, your Kingdom come.
- Lord God, work on my attitude. Teach me to be more loving, compassionate, patient, obedient, and humble. Strip away the anger, the bitterness, the stubbornness, laziness, pride and complacency. Help us to become more like you and to practice what we preach.
- “Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon him while he is near.” (Isaiah 55:6) We pray for those who are feeling weak in their faith as they go through the dark valley of their lives or fighting health conditions, not knowing if there is a tomorrow. God of healing and comfort, allow us to find rest in you. Ease our anxieties and seek us out when we are lonely. Lord, have mercy on us.
- “Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.” (Hebrews 13:1) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Let us not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity, but rather lead us to the way of Jesus. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us. Lord, thank you because you first loved us.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at