Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “God has made me fruitful in the land of my misfortunes.” (Genesis 41:52) Gracious God, even when things look hopeless, you have a plan, one which includes all whom you elected, a plan which includes a hope and a future. We thank your Son Jesus for his sacrifice that leads to new life. Amen.
- Christ, have mercy upon us, that we may follow you with self-denial. Give us a pure heart that we may see you. Give us a humble heart that we may hear you. Give us a heart of love that we may serve you. Give us a heart of faith that we may love you. Amen.
- “One who rules over people justly, ruling in the fear of God, is like the light of morning, like the sun rising.” (2 Samuel 23:3-4) We pray for all who govern and hold authority in the nations of the world, that there may be peace and justice on the earth. Amen.
- Love, solidarity, prayers, sorrow and support for the people of Sri Lanka. Heavenly Father, we pray that you would comfort those who mourn, turn their fear into hope, knowing that the fallen children of God one day shall rise with Christ, as shall we who put our trust in Him. We pray for protection over your people everywhere and for Christians all over the world to be strengthened in their faith and be diligent in praying for one another, until the coming of your Son Jesus Christ.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:16) God of wisdom, help us to centre our communities of faith around your Word. Give our leaders discernment on how to guide us all into greater awareness of your presence. Give us all the faith to follow your wise leading. Amen.
- “Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.” (Hebrews 13:1) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Let us not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity, but rather lead us to the way of Jesus. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us. Lord, thank you because you first loved us.
- Heavenly Father we lift up “Bless the City” to you. We ask for your guidance and blessing as we bring the love of Christ to our communities.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at