Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you.” (John 14:18) O God, your Holy Spirit is with us to comfort, to guide, and to strengthen us always. Sometimes on life’s journey, we feel like we are on a pilgrimage alone, forgetting that you have promised to never forsake us or turn your back against us. May we always rely on you.
- “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14) Lord, we pray for our city. You who calm the storms, hear our cry. We pray for hearts to be still and hatred taken away. We pray against division, hopelessness and against violence and harm. We pray for order restored and wisdom and protection for everyone in this land. We pray for comfort for those who lost loved ones.
- “And now faith, hope and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:13) God, we know what love is because you have given us your love. We can love because you first loved us. We pray your love will burn within us so fiercely that we cannot keep it to ourselves. Be with us today and always.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:16) God of wisdom, help us to centre our communities of faith around your Word. Give our leaders discernment on how to shepherd those in sorrow, fear, and confusion, and guide us all into greater awareness of your presence. Give us all the faith to follow your wise leading.
- “Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.” (Hebrews 13:1) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Let us not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity, but rather lead us to the way of Jesus. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us. Teach us how to reach out to and disciple the young people in the city so they can be supported in their walk with you.
- “And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for in spite of persecution you received the word with joy inspired by the Holy Spirit.” (1 Thessalonians 1:6) Gracious God, today we ask that your hand be upon us and by your grace please grant us the ability to be more like our Saviour. Help us to endure anything evil that comes our way. Show your church how to come to the aid of those who are being persecuted.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at