Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:21-23) Heavenly Father we hold onto your faithfulness as we intercede for our city that is divided, hurting and in anguish. We pray against hateful languages coming out of our mouths and spreading through social media. We pray that even in high-pressure circumstances, we will be able to act with restraint and treat others with respect and compassion. We pray that the followers of Christ will exhibit Christ likeness and will be known to be peacemakers under all circumstances, bringing your grace and your healing power to those around us. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
- “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will act.” (Psalm 37:5) Lord who calms the storms, hear our cry. We pray for hearts to be still and hatred taken away. We pray against division, hopelessness, violence, and harm. We pray for order restored and wisdom and protection for everyone in this land.
- “I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1:6) Lord, although we too often show doubt or forget to trust in you, you never lose sight of us. You always reveal yourself and draw us back to you. Lord, help us, mend us.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:16) God of wisdom, help us to centre our communities of faith around your Word. Give our leaders discernment on how to shepherd those in sorrow, fear and confusion, and guide us all into greater awareness of your presence. Give us all the faith to follow your wise leading.
- "Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.” (Hebrews 13:1) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Let us not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity, but rather lead us to the way of Jesus. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us. Teach us how to reach out to and disciple the young people in the city so they can be supported in their walk with you and fulfilling your unique calling for their lives.
- Lord we thank you for establishing and sustaining Union Church for 175 years. As we celebrate our 175th anniversary, we pray that it will be a joyful time of coming together in thanksgiving of your faithfulness as well as renewal of our commitment to you as our one true God. We lift up all preparation to you and ask that you will sanctify every detail. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at