Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand." (Revelation 8:3-4) Heavenly Father we pray that our prayers will go up before you. We pray that you will incline your ear and hear us as we intercede for our city. Father God, our city is divided, hurting and in anguish. We pray against hateful languages coming out of our months and spreading through social media. We pray that even in high-pressure circumstances, we will be able to act with restraint and treat others with respect and compassion. We pray that the followers of Christ will exhibit Christ-likeness and will be known to be peacemakers under all circumstances, bringing your grace and your healing power to those around us. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
- “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14) Lord, we pray for our city. You, who calm the storms, hear our cry. We pray for hearts to be still and hatred taken away. We pray against division, hopelessness and against violence and harm. We pray for order restored and wisdom and protection for everyone in this land.
- Lord we pray that we will be filled with fresh faith and a deepening confidence that despite all that we see and hear around us, you reign. We pray that our trust in Jesus Christ and our eternal hope in you will increasingly be part of the conversation of our lives.
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:16) God of wisdom, help us to centre our communities of faith around your Word. Give our leaders discernment on how to shepherd those in sorrow, fear and confusion, and guide us all into greater awareness of your presence. Give us all the faith to follow your wise leading.
- Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.” (Hebrews 13:1) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Let us not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity, but rather lead us to the way of Jesus. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us. Teach us how to reach out to and disciple the young people in the city so they can be supported in their walk with you and fulfilling your unique calling for their lives.
- Heavenly Father we pray for VBS. We pray for energy and wisdom for Jacklien and all the teachers. We ask that you bless them for their faithful service to your kingdom. We pray that seeds sown into the hearts of the children will take root and will grow into strong faith in Christ. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at