Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” (John 12:32) Loving God, you have walked with your people through countless generations. Even when we make mistakes, you remain faithful. On Ascension Day, we thank you for your promise that you will never leave or forsake us.
- “Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God and having favour with all the people.” (Acts 2:46-47) Lord, when we read your Word, we are aware that your Holy Spirit is with us, giving us strength to accomplish what we cannot do on our own. As we work together, we thank you for your power.
- “We cannot keep from speaking about what we have seen and heard.” (Acts 4:20) Lord Jesus, your message of love, peace and salvation is so wonderful that we cannot keep it to ourselves. Please help us proclaim your wonderful truth in our words and in our lives.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:16) God of wisdom, help us to centre our communities of faith around your Word. Give our leaders discernment on how to guide us all into greater awareness of your presence. Give us all the faith to follow your wise leading. Amen.
- “Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.” (Hebrews 13:1) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Let us not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity, but rather lead us to the way of Jesus. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us. Lord, thank you because you first loved us.
- “Whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is unseen; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.” (Matthew 6:6) Lord, often we do not know how to pray, but we trust that you are aware of our needs even before we are. Thank you for listening and responding in the way that is right for each of us.
- Lord we pray for the church family meeting on 9 June. We pray for a joyful time of coming together, sharing what you have been doing here at our church, fellowshipping with one another in the body of Christ and reflect on how we can continue to serve you, our church family as well as the wider community around us.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at