Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “Because Jesus himself was tested by what he suffered, he is able to help those who are being tested.” (Hebrews 2:18) Lord, when we are tested and we long for relief, as Job did, help us to turn to you. Jesus, your suffering helps you understand our anguish. Help us, through our suffering, to then be a comfort for others. Amen.
- “But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:21-23) Heavenly Father we hold onto your faithfulness as we intercede for our city that is divided, hurting and in anguish. We pray against hateful languages coming out of our mouths and spreading through social media. We pray that even in high-pressure circumstances, we will be able to act with restraint and treat others with respect and compassion. We pray that the followers of Christ will exhibit Christ-likeness and will be known to be peacemakers under all circumstances, bringing your grace and your healing power to those around us. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
- "Longing for light, we wait in darkness. Longing for truth, we turn to you. Make us your own, your holy people, light for the world to see. Christ, be our light! Shine in our hearts, shine through the darkness. Christ, be our light! Shine in your church, gathered today." (Christ, Be Our Light. A hymn) Amen. Christ, Be Our Light.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:16) God of wisdom, help us to centre our communities of faith around your Word. Give our leaders discernment on how to lead and guide us all into greater awareness of your presence. Give us all the faith and wisdom to follow you.
- "May the God of steadfastness and encouragement grant you to live in harmony with one another, in accordance with Christ Jesus, so that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 15:5-6) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Help us to not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us.
- Lord we thank you for establishing and sustaining Union Church. We pray for the Prayer and Discernment Group; we pray that you will call brothers and sisters to join as we discern your will for our church together going forward. We pray for the various ministries taking place during the week, for Alpha, for Recharge and the Marriage Course, and for the two groups meeting on Tuesday lunchtime for Bible studies, we ask that you will draw us close to you as we gather to worship you and to learn from your Word. We also lift up the various ministry needs to you at Union Church (Young Adults Director, Assistant Youth Director, Creche Coordinator) and the need for Sunday School teachers, we pray for the right people to be called to join us in our service of you and your people. In Jesus’ name. Amen
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at