Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- You walked this earth as child and Creator. You touched the soil, quenched its thirst embraced this world, brought life and light, music and poetry, love and laughter into dark and death-filled lives. Creative God, breath of all life through whom all things are created and sustained, we bring to you our sacrifice of a contrite and willing heart.
- Heavenly Father, as a new year starts in the church calendar and as we start the advent season, we thank you for giving us your Son Jesus Christ. We thank you that He is Immanuel. We pray that the Name of Jesus will be celebrated and lifted high over all the earth.
- Father God, we lift up those closest to us, our immediate family and closest friends - for their health, needs, joys and fears.
- Lord God Almighty, we know that the holiday season might be the toughest season for many. Those who have no family to be with and those who need food and shelter. We ask that you help us to be like Christ to them, finding ways to care for them and sharing what we have with them.
- Father God, as the ripples reach out toward the land, we pray for those who we only have contact with once a year, perhaps only during Christmas time, help us to reach out to them and thank them for being a part of our lives.
- Lord we pray for our church family, for unity as body of Christ. We also pray for the community at Sunlight Tower and ask that you would bless our time with others in this building next week as we open our doors and invite them in to fellowship with us.
- Lord, lastly, we pray for the wildfire to cease in the U.S. We pray for the safety of the people living in the area, their properties and all the creatures there too. Lord have mercy on all that you have made.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at