Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “For us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.” Thank you, God, for being a loving Father. Forgive our childish ways. Forgive us for placing our trust in things that aren’t you, that can never take your place. Stir up the gift of faith within us, reminding us that the only God we have is the only God we need. May our lives today give praise to you. Amen.
- We pray for all who govern and hold authority in the nations of the world, that there may be peace and justice on the earth.
- We pray for the families of the victims of the plane crash in Ethiopia. We pray that you will be their shepherd and comfort them in this painful moment of their lives.
- Let today be the day we give up who we have been for who we can become. Transform us, O Holy Spirit, into the likeness of Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Heavenly Father we place at your feet the upcoming AGM. We thank you for the faithful service of those leaders who are stepping down from their respective positions having served their term, and we thank you for raising up more leaders who are willing to serve the church community. As we make new plans for Union, we ask that only those that are pleasing to you will proceed ahead. We ask that you help us remain in Christ, so that we can be fruitful in our service of your Kingdom.
- “Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.” We believe that joy comes in the morning because we believe in Jesus. He rose from the dead on Easter morning, breaking the power of darkness. We pray for those who are feeling weak in their faith as they go through the dark valley of their lives – in their workplaces, in their family lives or fighting serious health conditions, not knowing if there is a tomorrow. Lord Jesus, we ask that you walk ahead of them and alongside them, hold their hands in their time of darkness.
- Heavenly Father, we thank you for everyone participating in the One campaign. We pray that Christians in Hong Kong will continue to come together to hear the Word in this Lenten season and grow in their relationship with you. Your name be glorified!
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at