Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “O God, Merciful Father, you despise not the sighing of a contrite heart: mercifully assist our prayers that we make before you in all our troubles and adversities whenever they oppress us; that we, your servants, may evermore give thanks to you, through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Amen.
- “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’” Holy Spirit, we choose today to quiet ourselves so that we can hear Your promptings. Show us ways that we can bless others.
- Lord we place at your feet all the plans we make as a church and individually for the new year. We ask that only those that will bring you glory, only those that are pleasing to you will proceed ahead, with other doors firmly closed. We ask that you draw us close so we remain in you the True Vine, and that we can be fruitful in our service of your Kingdom and we ask for your blessing for the work of our hands in the coming year.
- Heavenly Father we lift up the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity to you. We pray that, as Christians around the world come together and pray for unity for all believers, and as brothers and sisters from different traditions participate in ecumenical services and fellowship with one another, they will know the vastness of the love of Christ, be an encouragement to one another as well as being united as the witnesses of your mercy and grace.
- Lord we thank you for the opportunities you give us to reach out to the communities around us. We thank you that a group from this Church will go out and spread God's love and bless the elderly living alone during Chinese New Year at the St. James Settlement Pre-CNY feast. We pray that the event will be filled with joy, the participants will see Christ’s love reflected in us, and the name of Jesus will be praised.
- Lord we lift up the upcoming Women’s Retreat to you. We ask for travel mercies, for your protection over all the ladies, physically, emotionally and spiritually. We ask that you prepare their hearts even now, as they get ready to encounter you in a new and deeper ways. We pray that the retreat with be spiritually fulfilling and refreshing.
- We pray for all these things in the name of our gracious Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at