Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- From the rising of the sun till its setting in the west, God’s holy name be praised. On the lips of children, by babies at the breast, His name be praised. In the banquet hall of heaven, and the forgotten corners of our heart, God’s holy name be praised. Let all that has life and breath praise the Lord!
- Lord, take my hand and lead me upon life’s way. Direct, protect and feed back from day to day. Without your grace and favour, I go astray. So take my hand, O Saviour, and lead the way.
- “In days to come nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” (Isaiah 2:2,4) Forgive us, Lord, for waging war on neighbours and living in conflict. Soften our hearts and give us patience and understanding to stand in the gap as peacemakers. When we feel overwhelmed and are unable to negotiate the trials, give us strength with weapons of the Spirit.
- “One who rules over people justly, ruling in the fear of God, is like the light of morning, like the sun rising.” (2 Samuel 23:3-4) We pray for all who govern and hold authority in the nations of the world, that there may be peace and justice on the earth. Amen.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:16) God of wisdom, help us to centre our communities of faith around your Word. Give our leaders discernment on how to guide us all into greater awareness of your presence. Give us all the faith to follow your wise leading. Amen.
- “Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.” (Hebrews 13:1) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Let us not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity, but rather lead us to the way of Jesus. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us. Lord, thank you because you first loved us.
- Heavenly Father we pray for our loved ones who do not yet know you. We pray for our parents, our siblings, and our children. We pray for your mercy and your grace, for the opening of their hearts to the Good News in Jesus Christ. On their behalf we shout out “Kyrie Eleison”.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at