Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- "In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." (Colossians 2:3) Thank you Father, for your holy wisdom, hidden in a manger and a cross. We regret how often we are captured by what the world treasures, missing your faithful presence, your solidarity with those whom the world has abandoned, and your joy for the journey together. Transform our minds today with your understanding, revive our spirit with your love. Amen.
- Thank you God for the time off most of us had during Chinese New Year to spend with our loved ones. We continue to pray for the lonely and needy during this festive time. We know that many still struggle to have ends met. We ask for your provision; we also pray for opportunities to reach out to them. Help us to be Christ to them.
- Thank you Father for granting us the opportunity for Union’s Women’s prison ministry team to witness to women inside of Hong Kong’s correctional institutions. We thank you for a powerful and fruitful session on this week and we ask that the seeds sown will be made to grow by your Spirit, breaking chains and changing lives.
- "The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." (Psalm 9:9) Father we lift up those among us who have fallen sick, those who are in need, and those searching for their lost family member. Heavenly Father, you know who they are and what they need, and you alone are their refuge and strength; by your grace we come to you on their behalf in the assurance of your power to overcome.
- Father God we pray for the Marriage Course and the Baptism Classes here at Union, together with all the various ministries we offer here. We ask that you bless the work of our hands, and that you would call people to follow you in ways that please you and many mature disciples will be made.
- Father we pray for your protection as the measles outbreak intensifies in the US and the Philippines. We ask for healing for those infected and hope and strength for their families caring for them. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
Do you have a prayer request? Download the Union Church App and submit it online. Within minutes dozens and dozens of intercessors will be praying for you. To join the Union Church Prayer Chat please email Charles Caldwell at