“Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.” - Galatians 6:2
Stephen Ministry is the one-to-one lay caring ministry that takes place in congregations that use the Stephen Series system. Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers — called Stephen Ministers — to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centred care to people who are hurting.
Attributes of Stephen Ministry include:
- It is a confidential ministry.
- Men are matched with men, women with women.
- The responsibility of the Stephen Minister is not to solve the care receiver’s problems, but to be a caring listener as they talk about their feelings concerning some of the things that are of vital importance to them.
- Placement of a particular Stephen Minister with his or her care receiver is always prayerfully considered.
- Stephen Ministers meet together once a month for peer supervision and ongoing training.
If you find yourself in difficult circumstances and are considering the care of a Stephen Minister, please contact Pastor Michele or email .