Union Church is recruiting
Union Church is a friendly, English speaking, inter-denominational church, established in Hong Kong since 1844 and our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”. We are currently looking to hire a full time Children’s Ministry Assistant, who will be assisting our Children’s Ministry Director.
The Assistant will work closely with the Children’s Ministry Director in implementing the vision of Children’s Ministry to “Raise Children for God’s Kingdom”. He or she will assist the Director in implementing the smooth running of Kingdom Kids program every Sunday and Children’s Ministry events throughout the year.
- Assist in planning and execution of Sunday School & Creche program.
- Assist in Sunday School lessons and materials preparation.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of Children’s Ministry events throughout the year i.e. Hallelujah Party, Book Fairs, Christmas Musical Rehearsals, Dress Rehearsal and Final Performance, Sunday School Teacher’s Training, Christmas outreach program, Sunday School Christmas Party, Christmas Eve & Day Family services, Community Services, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day events, Graduation Day, End of the Year Party, Sunday School Teacher’s Appreciation, Vacation Bible Study, etc.
- Assist with the administration aspects of Children’s Ministry, i.e, Sunday School Attendance, Registration Forms database, Events database, Events Promotion catalogues/flyers, etc.
- Assist with design work, stage props, events decorations, setting up and cleaning up related to Children’s Ministry and other church events as required.
- Assist in procuring materials and supplies.
- Required to be at church every Sunday and to lead Kids Worship and teach Sunday School classes if needed (training will be provided).
- Required to work within the time frame set and more if needed.
- May be required to work on Saturdays and public holidays.
Tuesday - Friday 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM, Sunday 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Servant’s heart for the ministry with a teachable and open attitude.
- Highly motivated and action orientated; a strong work ethic; a get-it-done kind of person.
- Organised and hard working.
- Demonstrate an ability to relate well and work efficiently with fellow staff members and all volunteers.
- Must be able to fulfill all the responsibilities of the job.
- High School Leavers, Diploma & Degree Holders.
- Min 1 year working with children
- Familiar with Mac applications and Photoshop or InDesign programs (an advantage).
How to Apply :
Please send your resume and cover letter to using Children’s Ministry Assistant as the subject.