Prayer Until Something Happens - this week's prayer items...
- “In quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” (Isaiah 30:15) Heavenly Father, show us the blessedness in setting aside time for you to renew our lives according to your will. As Jesus set the example for us when he left the crowds to have time for prayer, may we find our refreshment in you each day.
- “Restore us to yourself, O Lord, that we may be restored; renew our days as of old.” (Lamentations 5:21) Dear Lord, we look around and we see things that are wrong, but how often do we see our own need for constant spiritual restoration and renewal? Make us humble so that we might admit our need, and by your grace give us the confident faith to know that your Spirit is present waiting to renew us.
- “He sustains all things by his powerful word.” (Hebrews 1:3) Lord, we have already seen your promises fulfilled in our lives in the past, and we trust in your continued presence, even when we cannot see the immediate outcome of your plans for our lives. Thank you for your guiding hand.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:16) God of wisdom, help us to centre our communities of faith around your Word. Give our leaders discernment on how to guide us all into greater awareness of your presence. Give us all the faith to follow your wise leading. Amen.
- “Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.” (Hebrews 13:1) Heavenly Father, we pray for our church family. Let us not follow the ways of the world that lead to disunity, but rather lead us to the way of Jesus. May we learn to love one another as ourselves, and care for the least of those among us. Lord, thank you because you first loved us.
- “This is the Lord for whom we have waited; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.” (Isaiah 25:9) Lord Jesus, thank you for banishing our sin by your sacrifice. While we wait for the completion of your kingdom, may our lives demonstrate your love to our neighbours.
Today is Prayer Sunday! Pray that people pray for the Lord to change them and use them... and to change Union Church and use Union Church. If you would like prayer, Deacons and other intercessors are available after the service to pray with people. We invite you to come forward. "Prayer does not change God, but it changes those who pray." (Soren Kierkegaard)